Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and submits claims to various insurance companies.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Evaluates patients’ financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reposts status of delinquent accounts.
- Processes payments from patients and insurance companies.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 year College Degree or Higher
- Graduate of a Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Program