The clinic coordinator performs clinic activities including scheduling, message taking, greeting and acknowledging patients throughout the check-in and check-out process, and managing referral and insurance authorizations.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Greets and acknowledges patients at the front desk, checks patients in and out of the clinic and performs practice designated activities to support new patients.
- Collects time of service payments, post payments into our Cerner system and reconciles end of the day receipts.
- Coordinates information flow in and out of the clinic. Addresses patient s calls efficiently and courteously with taking accurate, clear and concise messages that provide sufficient information for the clinical staff and/ or receiving party to effectively handle the issue / request.
- Schedules, cancels and reschedules patient’s appointments, procedures and surgeries.
- Obtains referrals and insurance authorizations.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 year College Degree or Higher