The Medical assistant in Dermatology is responsible for assisting physicians with the evaluation management and treatment of patients in the ambulatory care setting. The medical assistant assumes responsibility for maintaining patient flow, the upkeep of exam and treatment rooms, and performing basic skills such as vital signs and patient care.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Takes vital signs from patients, verifies medications list and allergies from patients
- Preps patients for procedure i.e. biopsies, excisions and Mohs surgery and repair
- Putting in patient’s prescriptions or refills.
- Charting patients examinations’
- Returning patients phone calls in a timely manner and documenting in patients EMR
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 year College Degree or Higher
- Current Medical Assistant Certification
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Current CPR Certification